Sarah’s 10 Writing Goals for 2013
These have been in my head for awhile. In the same way most of my goals usually are, where I can think about them when it’s convenient and allow the incomplete ones to pass on quietly, and privately. Well, I am writing these here, publicly, so that I can hold myself accountable for the things that I want to do, and am perfectly capable of doing, this year for my career in writing. The goals are more aggressive than the goals were last year, but I didn’t make writing a priority in my life the way I should have. I want to give more time to that which brings me the most joy.
So here they are:
- Publish The Storm and the Darkness (Book 2 in the House of Crimson & Clover series)
- Publish to this blog often (weekly at a minimum), including finishing my Travel Series for all travels thus far
- Participate in and complete Camp NaNoWriMo in April & July
- Participate in and complete NaNoWriMo in November
- Start editing the as yet untitled Book 3 in the House of Crimson & Clover series
- Start speccing out my fantasy world for the fantasy series I want to write
- Launch the House of Crimson & Closer Newsletter and keep it alive
- Publish St. Charles at Dusk in more places, and make it more accessible
- Learn more about marketing my work, and apply several new techniques
- Come out of my shell a bit and become a more active member of the indie writing community
In addition to my writing adventures, I want to read more. Not necessarily more often (the laundry is not going to do itself, Sarah), but more genres. I need to branch out of my favorite authors and genres, and try new things. I want to read less-known fantasy series’ so I can get a better feel for the larger fantasy genre before I try to tackle my own fantasy writing. I want to read more self-published authors too, and review their work. I want to pay it forward. How can I expect anyone to take a risk on my writing if I didn’t do the same?
I’ll post the progress against these goals here on the blog to keep myself accountable through the year. Bring it on!